Favorite DAC?

As I am pondering venturing into the DAC arena, there are a few that come to mind. My question is what is your personal favorite and why? Also, do you prefer the Solid State versions or the Tubed versions? Certain ones that I am considering would be the Electrocompaniet, AudioMeca, Levinson, Musical Fidelity in the solid state. In the tubed version would be like a Kora or an Audio Logic.

Thanks for all opinions.

Good listening,

Steve
sbachman
Can't leave out the Audio Note DACs. One of the component additions that got me saying "wow", again and again.
I'd also be in full agreement with Budrew's recommendation of the non-filtered, non-oversampling AudioNotes as well as my personal favorites, the 47Labs Progression and Shigaraki DAC's.

These units have finally persuaded me that Redbook CD is a genuinely musically viable format.
I'd not felt that way until their advent.

Every digital source that I had been exposed to prior to the 47 labs and AN devices always annoyed with a persistance impression of a mechanical process underlying the music.

These units have an alluring directness and natural ease that must be heard. Being a dyed-in-the-wool hardcore vinyl advocate, that's the highest praise I can give.
I must agree with Caterham1700. The 47 Labs dacs are superb music communicators. I have had MANY hi end digital products from Accuphase, Wadia, and Levinson and all have fallen to the musical 47Labs!