TRL Marantz Sa-14

After speaking to Paul at TRL I am very curious to hear from those who own this unit what improvements do you hear with the player before and after the mod.

The SA-14 sounds weak in the bass and has no dynamics in comparison to some players like the Sony Scd-1 in stock form. Has anyone compared the TRL Sa-14 to the Sony Scd-1?
la45
They're modding a friends Audio Mirror DAC this next week. He's pretty excited about it.

Best,

Jack
So excited that I sent the Audio Mirror to them UPS 2 Day. In addition I am getting the CRL Silver digital IC with Bocchino ends ($85 each I believe just for those). My previous experience using the CRL Silver power cord on the TRL Alesis transport led me to this purchase. I had previously been using an Audience PowerChord which I think is an excellent value for the money. After swapping it out for the CRL Silver I immmediately noticed much better bass and blacker background, right out of the box before burn in, but it wasn't until I went back to the Audience for comparative purposes after the CRL Silver PC had a chance to burn in that I found out how much difference there was between the two. If the digital ICs are as good my ears are in for a big treat.

I will have a complete TRL digital set-up when the Audio Mirror gets back and plan to write a review on it after burn in.
This is one long thread! I read a lot of it, but have a question:

Has anyone compared the SA14 to the SA14 TRL, side by side, keeping all variables (interconnects and power cord) the same?

(I have the SA14 in a very large Krell/B&W system. The SA14 replaced a older Krell unit, and surpassed it in almost all respects. The only shortcomming would be the slight loss of detail, which I improved by tweaking it with the Neuance platform and different interconnects.)

I live in San Francisco, and could make such a comparison, as I have extra interconnects of the same type as I am using now.

Richard