TRL Marantz Sa-14

After speaking to Paul at TRL I am very curious to hear from those who own this unit what improvements do you hear with the player before and after the mod.

The SA-14 sounds weak in the bass and has no dynamics in comparison to some players like the Sony Scd-1 in stock form. Has anyone compared the TRL Sa-14 to the Sony Scd-1?
la45
They're modding a friends Audio Mirror DAC this next week. He's pretty excited about it.

Best,

Jack
So excited that I sent the Audio Mirror to them UPS 2 Day. In addition I am getting the CRL Silver digital IC with Bocchino ends ($85 each I believe just for those). My previous experience using the CRL Silver power cord on the TRL Alesis transport led me to this purchase. I had previously been using an Audience PowerChord which I think is an excellent value for the money. After swapping it out for the CRL Silver I immmediately noticed much better bass and blacker background, right out of the box before burn in, but it wasn't until I went back to the Audience for comparative purposes after the CRL Silver PC had a chance to burn in that I found out how much difference there was between the two. If the digital ICs are as good my ears are in for a big treat.

I will have a complete TRL digital set-up when the Audio Mirror gets back and plan to write a review on it after burn in.
This is one long thread! I read a lot of it, but have a question:

Has anyone compared the SA14 to the SA14 TRL, side by side, keeping all variables (interconnects and power cord) the same?

(I have the SA14 in a very large Krell/B&W system. The SA14 replaced a older Krell unit, and surpassed it in almost all respects. The only shortcomming would be the slight loss of detail, which I improved by tweaking it with the Neuance platform and different interconnects.)

I live in San Francisco, and could make such a comparison, as I have extra interconnects of the same type as I am using now.

Richard
Unless you can find a "before and after" owner of an SA-14, the best person/people to ask would be the TRL guys. Paul or Brian would honestly be able to tell you, in detail, what the differences will be.

They don't really have anything to gain by telling you. They Don't manufacture the machines (obviously) - so one more mod isn't going to make, or break them. You'll find them to be, honest, ethical, and professional all the way.

I have no connection with TRL, other than, I am one happy customer. :-)

Best
paul