TRL Marantz Sa-14

After speaking to Paul at TRL I am very curious to hear from those who own this unit what improvements do you hear with the player before and after the mod.

The SA-14 sounds weak in the bass and has no dynamics in comparison to some players like the Sony Scd-1 in stock form. Has anyone compared the TRL Sa-14 to the Sony Scd-1?
la45
Once I get my TRL SA-14 I will be able to tell you as I owned the XA777 for some time. It will probably be a few weeks though as TRL just got my unit on Friday.
Baranyi and Pardales-

Agreed. The champagne is really sweet looking and that color is a classic Marantz look.
Well I tracked down a Marantz Sa-14 version one in black. I am buying it from a dealer who personally has owned it since new with only 50 hours on it. Even though I would have paid more for the champagne version, this seems to good to pass up at $1200. Even better I can take a short drive and pick it up today. I do know of another version one in Chicago if anyone is looking
Is everyone still thrilled with this player? I am about to put down the scratch on the SA-14 today. Just a little encouragement to push me off the ledge would be appreciated. Bob
Go for it. I just got my Audio Mirror DAC back from TRL and combined with my TRL Alesis ML9600 transport I have noticed a huge improvement in clarity right out of the box. While it is a bit lean right now as the DAC, as well as the CRL digital cable are breaking in, sonically it is at this point much better than the stock Audio Mirror unit. I realize this isn't a TRL Marantz SA-14, but I'm told by TRL this is a step below based on what they were able to accomplish. Knowing that, I can only imagine what the TRL Marantz SA-14 can sound like. If I go with a one box unit in the future, the Marantz will be my race horse. No question in my mind at this point.