Help me w/ small towers-bedroom HT/music system

I'm looking to pick up a set of small towers <$1500 to put in my bedroom for 60% movies/40% music. We have a 50" plasma on the wall across from the bed and watch a lot of Blu-ray movies there. Now I have put a receiver in there and hooked up some old PSB small towers which sound atrocious. Thus my interest in a new set. Initially, I plan to just run 2.0, with the option at some point of adding a center. I actually think small towers will generate enough bass for us, so not looking to get a sub at this point.

My priorities are an open, dynamic sound, good vocal reproduction, imaging, work well with receiver power, clear highs but without sibilance. Regarding bass, I am more interested in the quality of the bass than below 40hz.

mtrot
How about Ohm micro talls, or some other omni speakers? They don't give alot of top end, but they fill the room nicely.
For under $1500, Rega RS-3 new, or RS-5 used if you think your luck is due to improve on used speaker purchases. ;->
If music isn't a top priority, I use Mirage Omni's in my bedroom. They don't form such a sweet spot and can delivery pretty good surround sound with a good sub.
Mtrot

I use a pair of Thiel CS1.5 speakers is my home theater system. The meet all of your requirement except for easy use with a receiver. Some receivers will drive them but they have to be capable of a 3 ohm load. They certainly are in your price range.
I have now had the Daber Monitor 3's for two weeks and have had a chance to do some critical listening. I have the rounded cabinets in maple that Steve provides for a small extra fee. They are gorgeous with very high end carpentry work! The first thing that will strike you is the deep, tight bass for such a relatively small speaker. I doubt anyone but the most avid bass fan will see the need for a subwoofer in a two-channel setup. The mids are very satisfying and the highs are clear and precise. Vocals are rendered in a very natural fashion. The soundstage competes with the best. My wife, who is very musically inclined, even prefers them over my Acoustic Zen Adagios. A very different speaker and a matter of taste, but still high praise from a very musical person. I love them both for different reasons. To say that I am pleased with the results would be an understatement. In summary I think this must be one of the best values in speakers out there and they are made in the USA by a small entrepreneurial company. Give them a try - you will not be disappointed!

As a side note the speaker stands for the Volla speakers fit as if made for these speakers (rounded) - got them from MSS HIFI at a decent preice. Steve is planning on making stands for them as well in the near future.