Help me w/ small towers-bedroom HT/music system

I'm looking to pick up a set of small towers <$1500 to put in my bedroom for 60% movies/40% music. We have a 50" plasma on the wall across from the bed and watch a lot of Blu-ray movies there. Now I have put a receiver in there and hooked up some old PSB small towers which sound atrocious. Thus my interest in a new set. Initially, I plan to just run 2.0, with the option at some point of adding a center. I actually think small towers will generate enough bass for us, so not looking to get a sub at this point.

My priorities are an open, dynamic sound, good vocal reproduction, imaging, work well with receiver power, clear highs but without sibilance. Regarding bass, I am more interested in the quality of the bass than below 40hz.

mtrot
If music isn't a top priority, I use Mirage Omni's in my bedroom. They don't form such a sweet spot and can delivery pretty good surround sound with a good sub.
Mtrot

I use a pair of Thiel CS1.5 speakers is my home theater system. The meet all of your requirement except for easy use with a receiver. Some receivers will drive them but they have to be capable of a 3 ohm load. They certainly are in your price range.
I have now had the Daber Monitor 3's for two weeks and have had a chance to do some critical listening. I have the rounded cabinets in maple that Steve provides for a small extra fee. They are gorgeous with very high end carpentry work! The first thing that will strike you is the deep, tight bass for such a relatively small speaker. I doubt anyone but the most avid bass fan will see the need for a subwoofer in a two-channel setup. The mids are very satisfying and the highs are clear and precise. Vocals are rendered in a very natural fashion. The soundstage competes with the best. My wife, who is very musically inclined, even prefers them over my Acoustic Zen Adagios. A very different speaker and a matter of taste, but still high praise from a very musical person. I love them both for different reasons. To say that I am pleased with the results would be an understatement. In summary I think this must be one of the best values in speakers out there and they are made in the USA by a small entrepreneurial company. Give them a try - you will not be disappointed!

As a side note the speaker stands for the Volla speakers fit as if made for these speakers (rounded) - got them from MSS HIFI at a decent preice. Steve is planning on making stands for them as well in the near future.
Thanks for the replies and suggestions.

Can anybody with experience with the brands I listed provide any comparisons and pluses and minuses?
my local dealer carries vandy and focal...imho vandy is a much superior product in terms of performance and value...they have that reacnh out and touch 3d realism...however...focal is a good performer and
and has much higher WAF if that matters....by the way
....vandy 2 is a fairly imposing speaker...opt for 1...also.revel.f 12.would meet your criteria