Bargain Priced SACD Giant Killer?

I think my SCD-1 is very good and beautifully made, but at the end of the day, I am listening to digital less and less, other than from my PC.

So I am thinking about recycling some of its resale value into a turntable, and building up a WAF file music server.

If I were to sell my SCD-1, is there anything that will give me 75% + of the sound on a budget, albeit without the gorgeous build quality?
cwlondon
i think $1000 for a sacd player is a bit much given the original intent of this thread....

cwlondon came up with a really good idea...put some money toward a differnt format that has a lot of software available(vinyl) rather than sacd that doesnt have alot of software...

would suggest a sony 9000,sony 999 (sony house sound and build quality).
Bob,

The player was used with a Bruce Moore amp and preamp, as well as VMPS speakers. A $12,000 player that will remain un-named was also used in that set-up. I spoke to 4 people (3 of them in the industry) who were in that room and the news I received was that the TRL Sony was a giant killer. The word most utilized to describe it was "musical". I heard the line to get in the room was pretty long. Mine is on its way to TRL right now. I can't wait to hear it.

You can email me if you like.
Clio,
Have you heard the machine on SACD? I only heard it on redbook and it was very good. Bob
Bob,

I don't do SACD and I haven't listened to the stock redbook play back. I'll probbaly get my modded unit back in a couple of weeks and will post my thoughts then in a separate thread.
I have heard the TRL Sony 900, but have been having some trouble with my amp so did not get to listen to it a long time.
It is very very good from a short audition.
Will have things back to normal pretty soon and will give it a longer listen then.