Sony Playstation 1 for a CD player ???

I'm using a sony playstation 1 for a cd player and it is a REAL SHOCKER!! I heard about how good it was over on 6moons.com Is anyone else using these as cd players too?
hifisoundguy
Andysolder,

I have found with "super" mods, one has to be careful not to completely change the sound signature of the original Playstation. Otherwise, it loses a bit of that Playstation "magic" that a lot of people find alluring. It does come down to personal preferences how far to go with the mods.

My recommendation would be to start with Model SCPH-5501 as it has the improved laser unit compared Model SCPH-1001. At the same time, it shares the same AKM4309 DAC as Model SCPH-1001. Your thinking that an improved suspension would be a welcome upgrade since the stock Playstation is suspectible to skipping with the slightest bump or vibration.

Rich
If i have PS1...SCHP-100X...do i need the controller?

Please advise.Thanks.pescolar
***********PS1 SCPH 1001 OR PS1 SCPH-5501***************

WHICH ONE OF THE MODEL ARE MOST AFTER SOUGHT AND

AUDIOPHILES MOST FAVORITE ?
Does anyone know the difference between a model 1001 and a model 101? I picked up a model 101 today from my local pawn shop for $15.00 just for fun. It does have RCA connectors, but these are not on the back of the unit, they are on the end of the cable from the AV multi out.

Thanks,

Greg