what speaker new or used for 5k?

Looking to upgrade my speakers right now I Have the Vienna Acoustics Mosart Grands. Equipment is the Parasound a21 amp p5 pre amp and Marantz sa8001 sacd and two REL t9 subs. Mosaic speaker cable and Interconnects, in a 16 x 20 room with 7ft drop ceilings.
jughead
My local stereo store recommends that I try Musical Design amp and pre which I can take home and try.
How far back from speakers do you listen?

I ask because the drivers in the Mozarts have a lot of physical separation which usually requires some distance to speakers to blend and image well. I have never heard these though so hard to say.

THe configuration reminds me of B&W P6 speakers I had for a number of years recently. They were not the best at imaging soundstage or detail especially in a smaller room or when not listening from at least a good 8 feet or so away.

I like driver layout to either more closely resemble a point source placed more closely together or a line source with driver arrays. All my current monitor and OHM floorstanders tend to closely emulate a point source even when listening fairly close to the speakers.
Can never hurt to try different amps, gear whatever in your home if the cost for audition is reasonable.
Mapman, I can try different amp and pre amps from local stereo store for free. The dealer is trying to figure out a way(s) to work around the a21 with a better speaker match or change out the a21 and p5 to match the VA's. I'm thinking a floor model amp and pre might be cheaper then speakers because of the resale value of the PARASOUND gear.