what speaker new or used for 5k?

Looking to upgrade my speakers right now I Have the Vienna Acoustics Mosart Grands. Equipment is the Parasound a21 amp p5 pre amp and Marantz sa8001 sacd and two REL t9 subs. Mosaic speaker cable and Interconnects, in a 16 x 20 room with 7ft drop ceilings.
jughead
How far back from speakers do you listen?

I ask because the drivers in the Mozarts have a lot of physical separation which usually requires some distance to speakers to blend and image well. I have never heard these though so hard to say.

THe configuration reminds me of B&W P6 speakers I had for a number of years recently. They were not the best at imaging soundstage or detail especially in a smaller room or when not listening from at least a good 8 feet or so away.

I like driver layout to either more closely resemble a point source placed more closely together or a line source with driver arrays. All my current monitor and OHM floorstanders tend to closely emulate a point source even when listening fairly close to the speakers.
Can never hurt to try different amps, gear whatever in your home if the cost for audition is reasonable.
Mapman, I can try different amp and pre amps from local stereo store for free. The dealer is trying to figure out a way(s) to work around the a21 with a better speaker match or change out the a21 and p5 to match the VA's. I'm thinking a floor model amp and pre might be cheaper then speakers because of the resale value of the PARASOUND gear.
I'm trying to figure out what you mean by "congested". Is it that the sound is not analytical enough, or does it seem as if the speakers are overloading, i.e. that they can't handle passages of loud and/or complex music? Or??

The VA Beethoven Baby Grands are my second-favorite speaker, and I've heard them handle Mahler with aplomb. Haven't heard the Mozarts, but I wouldn't expect them not to be up to the job.

To track down the problem you need to do a good deal of experimentation, with placement, amplification, and possibly speakers, swopping in and out components. This is a lot of work! If it finally comes down to speakers, and you still don't like the Mozarts, wondering if you'd be happier with something like Vandersteen, PSB or Focal.