which bang for the buck DAC?

Hi,

I would love suggestion for a DAC with performance per dollar in mind. It will be used with a Sony S350 (bluray player) as a transport and also with a computer as the other transport. This way I can downsize my standalone cd player. The DAC will feed into a Krell 400xi via XLR. This way I will have a music server and the ability to play cds as well.

I would love to stay under 1000. I am looking at the DACMagic and the PS Audio Dlink iii, and I am a bit skeptical of both. Are they good or just hype? Are there better choices? Would love to hear other suggestions. I am looking for that DAC which delivers performance per dollar. Hopefully it exist.

Thanks in advance
jeanluc07
Hi jeanluc.

I recommend you post this question on the PC Audio section.

The 2 DACS you are looking at have had good reviews in the zines. But you should look for input from persons who have owned/used their DAC for at least a couple of months.

There are at least 10 reputable DACs in the $500 to $1000 price range.
There's a lot of buzz about the PS Audio D Link III, but I haven't heard it. I will say the Paradisea is extremely smooth and pleasant to listen to. I've owned mine for a couple of years and haven't had an urge to upgrade.
FYI, the Paradisea doesn't have XLR out, but you could use RCA to XLR cables.
PS Audio Linc dac 111 now at 650 here would be a front-runner for several reasons.The second reason is resale,the first reason is sounds good.Keep the love and music coming.Its all we ever had,good luck,Bob
Post removed