Budget single disc player-under $600

NAD 515 ? NAD 545? Marantz 5003 ? Cambridge 340 and 540?, Music Hall 25.2? Best sound? Best transport? Best at format versatility?
I want to keep to these choices since these are the ones I can
see at local two channel retailers. Thanks
garn509
Check out the Yamaha DV-1800. It does SACD & DVD-Audio and can be had on Amazon for $79.99. It listed for $449 back in '07.
Spot an Arcam Alpha 8 or an Alpha 9. These are very good players that can be had for a 1/4 of what they were. They are a bit older now but will still stand up to anything else in the price range.
I am looking for the same, I want to remplace my NAD C525Bee. Nothing wrong with the player, very good for the money but wish to find something better out there, my main goal is to find a player that puts this analog touch to music, i know some might say, hey buy a turtable.
Not sure if is possible to get something good in the used market with such a low budget but i have read good reviews for Marantz, Sony and Rotel. But I will go for some japanese brand, i found them more realiable. I do not trust small boutique manufacturers (not so many in this price range though). They might sound good but they dont last. I like that sony and marantz are SACD wich is nice thing. There is also a nice New Onkyo for $ 300 something but I did not try it.