Wyred DACS

They released the final specs for their DACs last week. Shipping this month. Anybody order? The DAC-1 is quite reasonable, but not upgradable to the asynch-USB, which the DAC-2 has. The DAC-2 also has the I2S but I don't know what it's gonna connect to.
cutterfilm
Faces last statement is virtually meaningless, a rather terse "analysis" with absolutely no context.
Pretty much a waste of the minimal effort it took to post it.
I heard them both in the same rig. The low end on the Havana sounded loose/sloppy in comparison.

Rja, have you compared the two?
That's interesting because thats similar to what the experienced reviewer acquaintance of mine said about the WFS - the bass was bloated and one note. Personally I am not expecting that much of the Havana in comparison - after all at least here in Aus it half the price. Occasionally you find giant killers that surprise but that is not the norm. But you never know. Of course I will be giving my impressions and hopefully the owner of the Havana can chime in as well.

Thanks
Bill
Bill, that is not my experience at all, with either the DAC-1 or DAC-2.

I've heard both models in 3 different rigs and they had the tighter bass than any of the players/DACs they replaced.
That's just his view. I tend to give good weight to what he says because of his experience reviewing stuff - he is a reviewer for an audiophile magazine and has done tons of them. My view, as I mentioned in my initial post, is the bass has greater slam, strength and detail, not bloated or one note at all - but hey it was virtually straight out of the box. A much better test will happen Saturday.

Thanks
Bill