Is it possible to transform the EMM CDSA SE?

2-box and 1-box versions of EMM's CD players -- not the X upgrade or the XDS1 -- have been variously described as "flat" and "2-dimensional" in forum postings. Is it possible to defy these characterizations and elevate the EMM to the world of amazing 3D sound? Let's share our knowledge and experience -- to make EMM a better sonic world.
sabai
Dgad, Our systems are very different. My experience with the EMM CDSA SE was similar to yours -- a softening. But with the various improvements I have made the sound is now very resolving and dynamic. The sound stage is scary realistic. I have ICs in series and PCs in series. All my plugs are Oyaide. I am using ERS paper, magnets and crystals. The 3 latter improvements have made a huge difference in the sound.

I have Synergistic Research Acoustic ART on the way as well as SR Galileo universal speaker cells. Later on I may add a Nordost Quantum Qx4. And that will be it.

I am not familiar with the Prism Orpheus.
I have 6 Herbie Tenderfeet under the unit and 3 Brass Pucks on top with a 2" maple plinth on top of them, and I use JPS Digital AC with Running Springs conditioner. I don't know if any of this makes a huge difference, but the player sound plenty good to me.
The object is to get the EMM CDSA SE into the world-class arena. It takes a lot of time and money. The synergy of components, accessories, cables and tweaks in my system has finally got me there. I anticipate further sonic improvement with the addition of the above-noted elements.
You might be right, but it is a sad component that needs that much work to sound SOTA, if the CDSA did not my float my boat for any reason, I would choose the path of simply buying a component that did, without the time and effort you are describing that might or might not get me "there". Fortunately, I happy with the CDSA as is, with some minor vibration control stuff I did - though I'm not sure it really made much difference, but figured it couldn't hurt. As a general rule, it just shouldn't be that hard and prone to tweaking, all major issues should be handled by the manufacturer, and generally are - if they have any experience, which EMM most certainly does.
I'm getting great 3d sound out of my stock player without vibration control. I am using Kimber Cable into a Levinson Ref Pre into a Boulder amp. The sound has depth, width, height, and the timbre is stunning. It is transparent and has weight. It is more three dimensional than my vinyl which is a reference Goldmund with a Ven den Hul cartridge. I would start suspecting my other components as orchestra's are live when associated cabling and equipment is in place.