Is it possible to transform the EMM CDSA SE?

2-box and 1-box versions of EMM's CD players -- not the X upgrade or the XDS1 -- have been variously described as "flat" and "2-dimensional" in forum postings. Is it possible to defy these characterizations and elevate the EMM to the world of amazing 3D sound? Let's share our knowledge and experience -- to make EMM a better sonic world.
sabai
The object is to get the EMM CDSA SE into the world-class arena. It takes a lot of time and money. The synergy of components, accessories, cables and tweaks in my system has finally got me there. I anticipate further sonic improvement with the addition of the above-noted elements.
You might be right, but it is a sad component that needs that much work to sound SOTA, if the CDSA did not my float my boat for any reason, I would choose the path of simply buying a component that did, without the time and effort you are describing that might or might not get me "there". Fortunately, I happy with the CDSA as is, with some minor vibration control stuff I did - though I'm not sure it really made much difference, but figured it couldn't hurt. As a general rule, it just shouldn't be that hard and prone to tweaking, all major issues should be handled by the manufacturer, and generally are - if they have any experience, which EMM most certainly does.
I'm getting great 3d sound out of my stock player without vibration control. I am using Kimber Cable into a Levinson Ref Pre into a Boulder amp. The sound has depth, width, height, and the timbre is stunning. It is transparent and has weight. It is more three dimensional than my vinyl which is a reference Goldmund with a Ven den Hul cartridge. I would start suspecting my other components as orchestra's are live when associated cabling and equipment is in place.
Pubul5"... it is a sad component that needs that much work to sound SOTA ..."

With all due respect, if this were true there would have been no need for EMM to bring out the X upgrade and then the XDS1. Those who are not in the market for these expensive versions have 2 choices: leave the SE as is, or try to improve it. I chose the latter route and have had great success. The sound that now comes out my speakers does not even resemble the sound out of the box. It has been more than worth the money and the effort. With the added advantage that if I replace any components in future, the money I would have spent on trading and upgrading will not be lost through resale. The system improvements will be there for the next components.