Berkeley Alpha Dac Series II, anyone heard it?

I am interested to know how it might sonically improve on the original dac. Any opinions will be appreciated.
Keithr, the dealer must have had some series 1 still to sell...if he hadn't, he'd be talking about all the improvements. I'm still curious to hear from someone who actually heard the new series though, especially in comparison with the first edition.
Branislav...I have had my dac now for a couple of weeks but the trouble is I had sold my series 1 several weeks before it arrived. I think I have a good feel for the differences but I have not done a direct A/B not is this device settled in completely.

In general, I would have to say that RH's recent review is accurate. My main objection to his statements may be that I perceive the differences to be more subtle than his rave report suggests. It's absolutely better and it is audible at first listen. The greatest attribute of the series 2 for me is an ease that really does suggest more analog than digital. Imaging is more defined but also sounds more natural. Treble is a bit sweeter. Overall, I am wowed by the dac and there is no other digital device I care to own, regardless of price. FYI, I use it in combination with the Alpha USB and would recommend that for anyone considering this device.
That is usually the case with raving reviews glorifying big differencies, but it's good to know that the new version is better and that it's clear from the first listen. I wonder with so many capabilities, if it performs equally good with a regular cd transport...
Hi Richard_stacy, you say "I perceive the differences to be more subtle than his rave report suggests" but you then say "It's absolutely better and it is audible at first listen". I am confused between more subtle and absolutely better. Kindly explain. Thank you.
Sabai... admittedly, I'm not much for audiophile verbal expression so my apologies if it comes off as confusing. I guess I was just trying to say that I was able to notice improvements as soon as I began to listen to the series 2 but as a whole, I don't think they are crazy dramatic...just better. These things are so very subjective, it's hard to illustrate on a forum. I love the new dac and I am glad that I made the change, that's about the best endorsement I can give. On the other hand, I still feel as if the series 1 is among the best out there and gets you most of the way there. How to measure the difference between is pretty hard to do.