New Logitech Squeezebox Touch

I see the Logitech Squeezebox Touch being discounted... is there a new one coming?
zoot45
Discounted where? On the Logitech site it's full retail. Maybe Christmas sale. Amazon always discounts them.
Just checked Amazon. They are now going for $424. !!
Is there going to be a replacement for the SBT? Is there something equivalent on the market?
No replacement I have heard of yet.

Apparently, being discontinued has been good for touch's value.

I still have 2 currently unused Roku Soundbridges. These can connect to Logitech and Windows Media server as well and sound similarly good via the same external DAC. I wonder what these are worth now?
Logitech has discontinued the Squeezebox format. They have suggested they will continue to support it for the foreseeable future, but who knows.

The Sonos Connect is one option for an equivalent device. It is limited to 16/44, but interface is much better.
Yep, sadly they've discontinued the whole "squeezebox" format. I still own a few of their "boomboxes" & radios and will continue to until they die. Although, I am selling my SB3 to go to a Mac Mini server.

I don't understand killing the whole format. There's not really anything else quite like it. My kids love having every song, artist, playlist, that's on our computer, available to them in their rooms and remote controllable from their iPod touchs. They both have the smaller, single speaker "radios". It's a nice little player, color screen to show artwork, it can stream radio stations from around the world and sounds decent enough for 8 & 12 year olds. I will continue to use the "boom" as our alarm clock/radio in our bedroom, as well as a second one for portable music on the patio, deck or in the garage. Hopefully they stay functional for years to come. Or until someone comes up with a better system.