Marantz SA-8400

This seems to have it all, cd, sacd, digital inputs galore, headphone amp. Any opinions, great review in the absolute sound?
wildoats
I've had mine for about 6 months, and I'm thrilled with it. I haven't used the DAC or headphone amp, though. I'll use the DAC soon enough, once I get an Airport Xpress or similar.

I shot it out against my previous CD player (Cambridge Audio 840C) on Redbook format, and I felt it was just a shade better. A tiny bit warmer, maybe a slight loss of edge, but equally detailed, to the best of my ability to resolve those things. Throw in the extra features (SACD, DAC), and it was a no-brainer as far as which one to keep. I certainly haven't looked back.
Folks, as I've posted in previous threads, this unit actually doesn't have it all. It's missing a major feature within SACD. It will only play 2 channel SACDs and not multi-channel. If you listen to music strictly in 2 channel and upgrade to SACDs, then this unit is for you. However, if you've never heard SACDs played in multi-channel format (music coming at you from all sides), as the old saying goes, you don't know what you're missing. Don't limit yourself. Many SACDs are produced in multi-channel and there is no comparison. Trust me on that !!
Wildoats,

I recently picked up the sa8004. It is a wonderful piece. I have used it in multiple ways: Sacd,cd, usb iPod, optical input (streaming flac and pandora from logitech touch). It sounds incredible; very engaging full of life. No glare, no digititis here, just pure sweet music. I've had lots of different players and dacs over the years; nothing has been so easy and musically 'there' as this player.
Thanks guys. I'm going to get one. You get a 30 day trial period too, so what the hey.
1st impressions very positive. Non-fatiguing and musical. Vocals sound great. Sounded good cold out of the box and i live in Minnesota.