Oppo 95: Burn-in...and Fan

Hi,

I just received my Oppo 95. I have a question and an observation:

How long have people found it takes before the unit is burned-in and sounding at least close to its best?

I definitely hear the fan...up to about 12 feet or so. I do have a very quiet listening environment most of the time. I'm worried, though, because I sit about 2 feet from my player! (and have to) Has anyone come up with any solutions to the fan noise? (other than putting the player a long way from the listening position, that is)

Thanks very much!
John

p.s. I know some say they don't hear the fan when music is playing. I understand, but it's clearly affecting the noise floor. And enjoying very subtle details, ambience, decay, etc. are very important to me.
jfz
Picked up an Oppo 95 from Magnolia today. Purchased this with Modwright mod in mind, somewhere down the road.

Question is how far the 95 gets to after a few hundred hours of playing? Does it sound like a totally different player than right out of the box? Now it's kind of brutal. The music is all over the place!

I'm running Focal Electra with Pass Labs XA.5 amp and XP pre. Running all balanced with Nordost Heimdall ICs.
Picked up an Oppo 95 from Magnolia today. Purchased this with Modwright mod in mind, somewhere down the road.

Question is how far the 95 gets to after a few hundred hours of playing? Does it sound like a totally different player than right out of the box? Now it's kind of brutal. The music is all over the place! I'm running Focal Electra with Pass Labs XA.5 amp and XP pre. Running all balanced with Nordost Heimdall ICs.
500-700hrs for full burn in, but at around 120+ it gets more stability and hints at its coherence, but pass 50hrs or so the unit is listenable.
Shouldn't OPPO be able to tell us EXACTLY how long the 'burn-in' period is?