Upgrade CD player or get into LPs? Suggestions

Folks

I've now enjoyed my system for about 2 years now, and starting to think about upgrading or adding to it. Any thoughts of what I should do to increase my listening experience?

Should I upgrade my CDP? Or, change my entire experience by getting into LPs? If upgrade, any CDP suggestions that is below $5k (new)? If LPs, what are the beginners+ TT to consider (one added plus is that my current preamp handles phono)?? Thoughts?

Thanks,

Current system:
Cary 303/100 CD player
Audible Illusions 3A preamp
BAT 75SE
Dali 800 MKII
Synergistic Research Galileo speaker cells
BASIK strings I/Cs
broken
Lately, every lp I had gotten seemed unplayable to me, filled with noise. This applied to internet sales where the buyer listed the product as nm and to lps that
I purchased in stores that looked great on inspection.
I think the problem was deterioration in the stylus. Genius that I am, I hit on this when the stylus was hanging almost at a 90 degree angle to the cartridge body.
I used this as an opportunity to do a long deferred upgrade to the whole vinyl rig. Specifically I went from a Rega P%5 with with it's stock mm cartridge to a Clearaudio Concept with the Concept mc cartridge. Now, all those recently purchased lps that sounded so damaged sound playable.
Lesson: 1) I ain't to swift, and
2) make sure your stylus is in good shape if you think that the noise level from your vinyl is unacceptable.
Buy the Music Hall 5.1 that a dealer has up for $600+. It's a complete plug and play unit that is good enough to give you a taste of what analog is about. Buy some new records you like from Acoustic Sounds or Music Direct and give vinyl a try. It will either resonate with you or it won't. If it does, you can fool around with the 5.1 for a while and then sell it for a couple hundred less than you paid to upgrade to something really nice. If not, just sell it at a small loss. The only other things you need is a bottle of LP#9 stylus cleaner and a carbon-fiber record brush. With new records, you can deal with the cleaning thing later on. Nobody can predict for you whether you're going to like it or not, but if you dig it, analog is very rewarding. You will stop chasing the digital dragon.