Best turntable for easy setup and no maintenence?

Looking for a turntable that is not only good but easy to set up and does not need much tweaking or maintenence.

I have about 1500 to spend on table, arm, and, cart.

Used is fine.

Let the opinions fly!
drken
For the money, what is the "best" cartridge for the Rega P2 or 3----not necessarily the same price as the deck; in fact, for less money?

Len
There are used VPI Scouts on this site all the time. You should be able to pick up one of these plus a new cartridge and be in your budget.
I can't ever recall seeing mention of the NAD 533 on American audio sites, although Fremer had nice things to say about it a while ago. Maybe it's because it's not generally available in USA. Anyway, I find it a basic no-nonsense machine, which I bought new, complete with cartridge, for $600 Canadian. That would leave quite a bit for a better cartridge (the Goldring Elektra can be easily improved on). I'm pretty sure the NAD is a Rega-type table, with an RB250 arm. It must be durable too, since, when I had a new cartridge installed, whoever did it put the table back in the box upside down. Happily, no harm was done.
Start with the base P5 for about $1300.....add the Rega Exact cart (their best) for $550........if you can't persuade your dealer to hit the $1500 price I'll be surprised. Then, in the future, step up to the PSU to electronically control the speed - a $345 upgrade that sounds like a million $......then you're done.
Since the OP asked this original question 16 months ago, I would hope he has made his purchase by now. :) By now he probably has a nice collection of Lp's, several carts, brushes, fluids, stylus cleaners, record mats, Marigo dots, record clamps, bearing oils, phono amps (tube, SS, MM and MC), etc. He is probably even making suggestions to other newbies on what TT's they should be considering as an upgrade from their Rega's.

In other words, I think this is an old thread. ;)