The best speaker you ever heard?

In my opinion, the speaker is by far the most important part of the audio system. After all, it is the only part you hear. OK, the other stuff really matters a lot, but without a great speaker... No go.

I am a bit 'speaker-obsessed' I guess, and now I am wondering: What are the best speakers you have ever heard, and what made them the best?
njonker
I just heard the custom monitoring system at Focus Recordings in Denmark designed by Ole Lund Christensen, and came to the conclusion that all other hi-fi stuff I have experienced earlier, were mere toys compared to this setup.
Sphere, I can believe your experience. It suggests that even expensive speakers are substantial compromises. This certainly goes along with my experiences.

I certainly cannot agree that the MBL 101s are even very good speakers, much less "live music." On occasion I have heard them sound okay at shows, never any better than that.
Not that I want to upset anyone, but I just heard the top of the line MBL setup(with the new 4 tower reference speaker) at the Munich show a couple days ago, forget live music , it was ordinary hifi at best, and was beaten by several systems costing 1/4th the price.After hearing several top systems at the show,and being extremely impressed by some of them, I went to Denmark and heard the Focus setup; end of the audio game for me. I realised the importance of room-speaker interaction like never before, and knew that to equal this, it would mean having this setup at your disposal, as conventional audio is only a game compared to this.
Krell resolution 2 speakers. These are musical instruments of the highest order. I bought these speakers as temporary stand-ins until I could go for a true high end design. My respect for them took a major leap forward after I brought home my Ref3 and HD 220 amp from ARC! The organic, huge, detailed, transparent and tonaly gorgeous soundscape they deliver is stunning..thunderous controlled bass with bloom, sweet strings and delicate extended highs. With these speakers I have a symphony in my room...no limitations and nothing to distract one from the music. This is a perfect product for the music lover!!