Baby Koetsus? ie, Poor Mans Koetsu

Does anyone have experience with any reasonably priced cartridges that have a Koetsu like sound? (typically 'Koetsu' midrange)? something that would be like a Koetsu Black on a budget. lets say for the sake of argument... 250 bucks and under?
tapashead
Grado platinum will give you a taste of Koetsu like mids but it ain't no Koetsu.

Like a Camero will go fast but it ain't no Ferarri.

Sorry, whats you pay is usually whats you gets.
Gee, you don't want much...Koetsu sound for $250??
I've not heard the Koetsu Black, but for $250 the Denon 103R maybe your best bet. I read here (or at VA) that someone actually prefered it to the Black.....but who knows what the circumstances were?.
Anyway, I can vouch that the 103R is a superbly musical, coherent and dynamic performer. For sheer enjoyment and involvement in the music, the 103R rates off the scale. It does ok in more objective 'audiophile' terms too - at least when not directly compared to much more expensive cartridges. Superb tracker too. I've enjoyed mine imensely for the last 5-6 months.
From all I've read, the Koetsu Black is not made "in house" anyway. If I can remember who makes it for them, I'll post it.