Tom Evens Groove Plus

i pulled the plug on a groove plus to replace my ear 834p and wanted to hear from other goners on there good or bad experiences with the groove plus, will be using a zyx airy three x sb, on a vpi aires three 10.5i, with a hovland music groove two phono interconnect, thanks mike
stltrains

Uktel,

I have though about twinning on Linear A's but will wait for the B's to get full benefit of that technology. (it is a pain sending those 75 lb boxes back and forth to Wales...)

Tell us more about the Pulse 2. I have seen or heard nothing on this.

Thanks
Hi Gmc,the Pulse2 provides the Vibe preamp with far greater resolution from lows to highs with lots more air around the performers.Soundstage, the images are more solid with impoved front to back detail.The design of the box reduces field effect caused by the large transformer.Older Pulse's can be upgraded to Pulse 2.Regards to all music lovers, Tom Evans.
hi gmc
had to ring tom evans up to try to answer your'e last question as i have not ABd the pulse/pulse2 myself
what he said was the 2 is far superior in the frequency
extremes with far greater top to bottom wallop
the difference he claims is not subtle
one thing i have noticed in my own system is that the backing singers have the same sense of power and in room presence as the main vocalist
i asked tom if he wouldn't mind popping in and having a chat with us all
fingers crossed eh
best regards
uktel
Uktel, thank you for bringing Tom for a visit.

Tom, that is exciting news on the pulse.

It is hard to imagine you could lower the noise floor even more, but you have done it in the past, and you keep doing it. There are times when the music plays over a background that is not only black, it is in an cool atmosphere of calm.
Is the groove plus in the top tier of phono pre's? I'm looking to get one of theses: xono, steelhead, jlti, K&K, bat vk10p se or asr exclusive. I want to get the last phono or one that I can live with for a long time.