The Cartridgeman Isolater.

This device get sandwiched between the cartridge and
the arm and could potentially bring down the noise floor
by 3db.
Has anyone here tried it ?
I woud be curious to know about the specific qualitative
influences it might had brought to your sound.
I also wonder what is the principle at work.......
pboutin
Piedpiper...Dooudeacon; well wouldn't you know by chance I have coming to market in about 2 weeks 2 formulations of CA (super glue). One is low oder and the other is flexiable. I'll get a few samples of this out to you boys if you want. Certainly not my market but if can help anyone's vinyl rig I am glad to help.

BTW I have an isolater, bought off 'gon on my Pro-ject 9 arm and my MMF-7. Works for me here but just abo\out anything you can do to this rig helps IMO. I would not think I would use it on a higher end arm and table.

Cheers all
Vernon
Dougdeacon,

the whole advantage, as I see it, of the normal super glue is that it is very thin and effortlessly gets drawn into whatever gaps are present. In other words, it automatically creates the perfect bond. If the gaps are too big a second application will fill them while still making use of the capillary action of being drawn into the joint.

In my case, I applied the super glue through the headshell slots quite easily. The other joints were also very simple, although the Maplenoll isn't exactly intimidating in this regard.

I'm not sure how the Nightingale relates.

Groovy,

there are actually many cartridges with wood bodies: all the reference Grados, the upper Benzs, the Cardas Heart, some of the Clearaudios, some of the Koetsus, the Sumiko Celebration, the new Phase Tech P-1 and others.
...it automatically creates the perfect bond.

I find it hard to believe that anybody on Earth can make a claim like this. What's with these crazy "facts?"

It does seem logical that a little bondage between cartridge and tonearm would be beneficial, though.
Ketchup,

I don't claim to "know" what the truly "perfect" bond would be, but relatively speaking, the super glue automatically is drawn into the joint to fill any gaps, without introducing another interface between the cartridge and the headshell which mate directly. It dampens without dampening, as it were, since the super glue hardens rather than staying semisoft like contact cement would. Intuitively, this seems ideal to me. It also sounds better (cleaner, not brighter) to me, on my table/arm/cartridge.