no body is buying anything on audiogon

90 percent of the ads on audiogon nobody buys. why advertise its not going to sell
deloaks1
I agree with mwalsdor, I sold my pass 350 and syn. cables in a week. Depends on what your selling and price. Lets face it even if you by new does anyone pay full retail NO ?
Dealers are discounting things as well . I got 70% of what I paid for my equipment,,what else can you get 70% of purchase price back.Cars No Jewlry NO . In this econemy take your 70% and run.Hell I paid $30 for PALM last year now its $6 I fell real lucky with 70%
steve
If things are not selling here, DSSMAN may have something to do with it. I will no longer buy from someone that is not a dealer or a regular here.
dssman certainly put a sense of fear in us all. for some reason the prices of what I have been looking for are much higher lately. (BAT 5i) these were selling for $1600 several months ago, now, nothing under $2300??
I would have to agree, in fact, I was actually looking for a thread to this effect. I have been a member for over a year, and only in the last 3-4 months, have I just plain old NOT BEEN ABLE TO SELL something. I have taken a BATH on interconnects and other items where before (from about 12-99 to 12-00) you were pretty much guaranteed even money when you decided to sell (assuming you know how to buy at a good price). I guess it is just a barometer to how the economy is showing some weakness vs the .com fueled spendfest of the last couple of years...
I just purchased something this past Friday (from a seller with zero feedback and I pre-paid). The deciding factor was that he has a good last name (right up there with O'Leary). Based on this I may qualify becoming a member of Bush's cabinet (I do need a job).