Grand Prix Monaco review in new Stereophile- OUCH

Anyone read Fremer's review of the Grand Prix Monaco in the latest Stereophile?

Ouch that has to hurt. I am familar with the design of this table, and of course on paper it seems groundbreaking, but if I were in the market for a $20K table, (I'm not) this review would completely kill my interest in this seemingly stellar product.

Any other opinions?

(actually this is a great issue of Stereophile - lots of gear I am intersted in)
emailists
I would understand your comment had I said Robinson's observations were incorrect. Did I say that? No. Your reaction to what I wrote is unnecessarily defensive. I am fascinated by Robinson's review because it is the polar opposite of what I heard over many months of careful listening.

Incidentally, I have received many emails from people who have heard the Monaco who agree with my observations and my review. I have gotten far more of those in personal emails, including from some who don't wish to be identified, than responses on Audiogon backing what Robinson reported.

But that's not the point. The point is, each person considering the 'table needs to listen for his or herself and then decide which review is more accurate of if neither of them is.
Dear friends: IMHO and for my audio experience every time that we change an audio item/link in the audio system chain and specially when that link/audio-item is a " statement " level product ( maybe the Monaco is that kind of audio product. ) we have to " re-think " our whole set-up audio system.
Normally our system set-up is tweaked/" equalized " for what we have/like suddenly a totally new audio item goes inside that audio system we can't think that we only have to switch that new audio product and everything will be fine because it is not: we have to make some modifications " here and there " for that audio system settle down in good shape again ( example, when we change a tube audio item for a SS audio item. ). When we " introduce " a lower distortion, more accurate, less noise, lower colorations audio item in the audio chain system we must to start a new system set-up: different cables, speaker position, new volume ( SPL ) level to hear it, etc, etc.

I don't know if Mr. fremer makes changes in the VTA/VTF and cartridge load impedance ( at least ) against what he normaly use with those cartridges in his Caliburn or with other belt drive TTs. These parameters changes are critical for the Monaco review, we have to tie/tweak both system ( Monaco and belt drive one ) for we can make a fair review, well at least this is my humble opinion.

Regards and enjoy the music.
Raul.
Rauliruegas writes;

I don't know if Mr. fremer makes changes in the VTA/VTF and cartridge load impedance ( at least ) against what he normaly use with those cartridges in his Caliburn or with other belt drive TTs. These parameters changes are critical for the Monaco review ...
Why would that be?

Regards,
Dear friends: This is something that I miss in my last post:

" Sometimes when we make those kind of changes in our audio system the " cooper " appears and else-where there is a link that now we dicovery it is not up to the task!!!!!. "

Raul.
Dear Metralla: In any audio system: distortions/colorations/noises self audio links always hide errors in the quality sound reproduction in one or more links in the audio chain.
When you switch to an audio item that it is lower in distortion/coloration/noise some of those errors has no place to hide and we have to re-start our whole system set-up looking for those errors dissapear.

IMHO it is a mistake to say or think that the " new boy on the street " is the culprit of everything because it is not or at least not for the whole " bad quality sound ".

Raul.