Grand Prix Monaco review in new Stereophile- OUCH

Anyone read Fremer's review of the Grand Prix Monaco in the latest Stereophile?

Ouch that has to hurt. I am familar with the design of this table, and of course on paper it seems groundbreaking, but if I were in the market for a $20K table, (I'm not) this review would completely kill my interest in this seemingly stellar product.

Any other opinions?

(actually this is a great issue of Stereophile - lots of gear I am intersted in)
emailists
Rauliruegas writes;

I don't know if Mr. fremer makes changes in the VTA/VTF and cartridge load impedance ( at least ) against what he normaly use with those cartridges in his Caliburn or with other belt drive TTs. These parameters changes are critical for the Monaco review ...
Why would that be?

Regards,
Dear friends: This is something that I miss in my last post:

" Sometimes when we make those kind of changes in our audio system the " cooper " appears and else-where there is a link that now we dicovery it is not up to the task!!!!!. "

Regards and enjoy the music.
Raul.
Dear Metralla: In any audio system: distortions/colorations/noises self audio links always hide errors in the quality sound reproduction in one or more links in the audio chain.
When you switch to an audio item that it is lower in distortion/coloration/noise some of those errors has no place to hide and we have to re-start our whole system set-up looking for those errors dissapear.

IMHO it is a mistake to say or think that the " new boy on the street " is the culprit of everything because it is not or at least not for the whole " bad quality sound ".

Regards and enjoy the music.
Raul.
Mike,

Thanks for writing a review that told us (the audio consumers) what you really heard. If I am ever in the position to spend that kind of money on a turntable I will certainly listen for myself and draw my own conclusions (the advise you have given numerous times). Until then, having a person with an experienced ear write a comparitive article on the sonic nuances of the 'table is both helpful and entertaining. A far cry from the usual reviews that read like advertisement fodder...... Please keep it up!

Chris
I think I know what Raul means,and have to agree with his assertion.Even when A/B'ing some pricey phono cables,in my friend's set-up, required my re-voicing his arm/cartridge parameters.Especially the bearing fluid in his Graham.Why?Probably had something to do with internal resonances,or better delineation,from the cable,requiring a slight change!What can I say?It seems to make sense,that "voicing" a system,requires "really" knowing "it",and what you hope to gain from component changes."Not" getting something new,and hoping for the best!It's a never ending process,or at least a continuing one,'til you run out of money.Or get divorced!-:)
As for Mikey....I'm beginning to think if I were him,I'd be sorry(by now)that I ever took the time to post,on this forum!It's almost like one has to walk on egg shells,when making some claims.Fearing you may have to defend some comment,not necessarily meant the way it came out.I've been there alot,but the nasty responses to me,were often well deserved.-:)
Best.