Hall of Shame

What is the worst, most overpriced, hyped, bad-sounding audiophile gear out there. Your bets please.
mozart2000
Nice maxgain - fortunately when you spend some time in this forum and are looking for some good advice and credible opinions you recognize names that have proven to be credible. And it is usually the same cast of characters that Maxgain mentions in his post that love to come out and spout when a "best of" or "worst of" thread gets started. Well put maxgain!
as far as paradigm reference speakers being on this 'hit list' I can only say, I have the 80's and love them.first time I've ever read such negative spew about this fine line of speakers.
Interesting how so many dislike MIT, maybe because of poor perceived value, like Bose products? So far as rolling off the highs, not the ones I've listened to. I think they're great in the right system. Hall of Shame Products? Any cable that comes in a dovetailed exotic wood box and retails for 10K plus. I won't name names, they know who they are :)
as far as MIT being on the 'hit list' again,I can only say, the T-2 bi-wire bettered the highly regarded Kimber 8TC and Harmonic Tech.Pro-11's in my system.
Just because a product doesnt sound 'good' in one system doesnt make 'em bad stuff.
closed minded,to say the very least.
sure, dave, the t2's work in your system cuz of those lousy paradigm speakers! ;~)

seriously, detlof's right in the fact that a few bad apples can spoil the bunch. sure did for ezmeralda11! ;~)

ezmeralda's definitely outta line in just about every category, imo. while there certainly are worthless product in each category, it does *not* mean that they're all bad. in fact, wasn't the point of this thread to name specific product that you feel *is* bad??? instead of just condemning the whole hi-end genre?

i bought a pair of bose 901's back in 1970. what did i know, snot-nosed li'l kid that i was? but, w/that *monster* pioneer 60wpc sx828, & that dual 1229, i was in heaven! that rig lasted me thru hi-school, college, and my 1st working years. i din't ditch those speakers until ~1987, & then, when auditioning comparably-priced speakers, i realized how truly awful they were. only thing that made 'em tolerable near the end, was that cheezy equalizer/spectrum analyzer i used 'em with, for maybe four years or so. to get flat frequency response, the eq controls looked kinda like a "w" - i figured it was the room. but, every room i put 'em in (i was moving a lot, in those days!), same shape on the eq. it really *did* make a big improvement to the 901's sound - who cared about phase anomalies introduced w/a cheap equalizer - like it mattered w/those 901's! ;~)

don't let some bad apples spoil *your* bunch,

doug s.