Tube Rolling In Audio Research Phono Preamp

I have an Audio Research PH3SE phono preamp that currently has three Sovtek 6922's. Audio Research told me not to bother doing any tube rolling because it will change the "voice" and tone of the preamp. However, I keep reading wonderful things about vintage tubes improving the quality of sound in all kinds of gear. I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with different tubes in their phono preamp and which ones they liked the most. Thanks!
dubhouse
5 9's gave you away Rodman. I won't tell anyone where you're hiding your gold.
I've been trying to remember where I hid it myself. If I could: I'd pay off my mortgage!!
Well, I purchased some NOS 6h-23 Russian "Rocket Logo" Platinum Grade bought from Upscale Audio, 3 tubes for $100 delivered. They sound great! Crisper highs, more defined midrange, a fuller three dimensional sound, and yet great slam factor in the bass.

So, thanks to all that replied. You all really helped out. Still wondering what some Amperex pinched waists would sound like though...
Before you wonder away $975 on three pinched waists try Amperex 7308 PQ White Label 60's or USA-CEP's, very close to the PW's in my system, at a fraction of the price.
Hello forum members , I have some mods to my ARC PH5 :
the 6922EH tubes repl. by NOS Philips E88cc , added an external Tube rectifier ( Border Patrol ) , and to get more power for my Dynavector Te Kaitora I added an inbuilt Jensen MC Xformer JT 347-AXT .You can imagine this unit performs much better now.
Regards from Holland : Hans