Steam cleaning records 2

Continuation of large thread.
thommas
If I'm not mistaken, the lead disclosure is federal. Doesn't matter what state....
Tvad,
I don't have a steamer, yet. I would think the question about mold, etc is valid. I would also think you could address this by running a diluted bleach solution thru the unit. Of course, you would want to thoroughly rinse before the next use.
California Proposition 65 is the law requiring disclosure of chemicals known to the state to cause cancer or reproductive toxicity.

But, we're off topic.

I have been using steaming as an initial step, and as a finish rinse. However, the issue of potential bacteria and mold growth in the steamer is one that might require some investigation as both elements would be counter productive to cleaning records.
I'm in full agreement that Crem gets his due, thanks again Crem and hoping all is OK.

On the bottom of my box there is a statement
"Warning this product contains chemicals including lead known to the state of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm wash hands after use"

It does not say which part on the steamer. I'm going to call customer service tomorrow when they are open and get there thoughts.

I cleaned several lps yesterday that were cleaned by other than steaming. Hands down improvement to those lps. Quite and better sound.

Ericjcabrera i had many methods of cleaning my vinyl and resisted steaming. With the time it takes to clean your lps do your self a favor get a steamer and hear the difference. At this point i will be steaming lps in my collection that has not been steamed. The fact is steaming hands down is the best way to clean your vinyl records.
Yes. I looked on the bottom of the box first.
Then all 4 sides and the top.
And the instructions.
Not a word anywhere.
Probably means the lead is safe in Texas.

:-)