Steam cleaning records 2

Continuation of large thread.
thommas
Sonofjim you are so right in your post above it was a little difficult doing the filming. Sorry for the delay in replying we just returned home yesterday and had a lot of cleaning up to do.

In the end your vinyl will not be harmed by the time you steam. On some lps that are in real bad shape with grunge and dirt take the extra time to get that lp clean. On others like new sealed lps you might not need that much time passing the steamer.
Halcro, I am using the same attachment as Stltrains does in his video.

Crem1: Yes, it's the perfection and I'll replace it.
Question for all you experts;

Would not an extra steam application (without use of any cleaners) be the equivalent of a rinse?

The best water I have is simply distilled and I'm wondering what my best option (with distilled) is to rinse - pour on distilled or another steam application.

Thanks.
Madfloyd, one idea about the short steam time you are experiencing...be certain the top is screwed down all the way. I remember when I first filled my Perfection steamer and turned it on, I thought the top was tightened, but it wasn't. You need to press down firmly while screwing the top down. Otherwise, the top will seem to be securely in place, but in fact it won't be.

Regarding the steam rinse, what you describe using the second steaming in lieu of a rinse is what I did, and it worked very nicely.
I just tried my Perfection again. If I fill it up all the way, I get enough for a full application (before running out of steam and having to reheat).

Sometimes on the 2nd applications (about 20-30 seconds later) I can run out though.

I do have the lid on tight - otherwise steam escapes and it's obvious.

Here's what I do: place the nozzle 4 inches from outside edge. Start steaming. After full revolution, move 1" towards spindle & repeat. Four positions covers the record.

Now three other things I'm noticing:

1) I can't help but warp every LP that's less than 180g (noticible jump of needle during playback)

2) There are settings on the steamer where the nozzle attaches, eg. "I", "II" etc. Does this setting matter?

3) I can't seem to clean out blotches on the LP - stuff that looks like, I dunno, mildew or discolorations. Is that to be expected?

Thanks guys