Steam cleaning records 2

Continuation of large thread.
thommas
Tvad : As you of all readers know , water has been a topic in this thread and others.

Professionals in commerical water products & chemists amoung others have posted support to the view water puriety is important. Tvad, besides the type of hand-held steam cleaner one's choice of water supply is of concern. Michael Fremer has said he installed a OR water machine in his home for record cleaning purposes. Yes, Peak has been an option for years but times change & with the help of fellow steamer/record cleaning expert,Mr.Fremer, I passed his advice along in this thread.

You know what sounds a little silly ? Limiting options. Tvad, all the best.
Nope, spending one's time comparing Aquafina to Peak, or NERL, or any other purified water for the purpose of cleaning records is about as silly as I can imagine in this hobby.
Perhaps I should revisit freshman experiments spilling bong water on LPs. Some of those records sounded better after "treatment."
I use Perrier, the little bubbles loosen particulate and make it easier for my modified Hoover to remove said particulate from the surface of the record.
One's perspective is from where you sit.

Remember when Dope Smokers were known for eating potato chips & droping Coke(or Cola) all over their LPS in the 1960-70's. Or, did the "Chips & Coke" pass by you & the Bong ?

Perhaps that's one reason (in today's world) a First Edition Mono Beatles(Green Color Lettering $150 mint ++ & up ) or Mono Sgt. Peppers (w/ Gandi on cover $1,000 & up); LPS can be like having gold in the vault, stocks & bonds excluded.

With New LPS starting @ $30 & up , buying a scad of records in hard times is only for the affluent. Keeping that LP clean 'ment many years ago using a silicon dampened cloth. Thirty years later we know better than damn-up our lungs with smoke , or gum-up our LPS with cloths...or do we?

If you feel that purity of water is silly that's your opinion.

The object here is to pass-on/discuss State-Of-The-Art Methods to keep our precious LPS in "Perfect" condition by using SOTA cleaning methods. Its not about spending money , its about using the very best methods.

This thread is about saving LPS , something that many a Doper of the past regrets for more reasons than one.

Michael Fremer is one of a few reviewers who has made a career out of helping fellow analog'ers:I say hats off to him & his advice.

I look at issues like this keeping in mind , that from the perspective of life & death all of this is silly. For the living ... Its what we do when we are making other plans.

You be silly, I be silly ... As for me I'm returning to the sand-box ... I've got several more ideas to play with. Silly to us all ...