Anyone hear technics tt and vpi scoutmaster/Aries?

Anyone hear later version technics tt as well as vpi scoutmaster or Aries and maybe Nottingham spacedeck with latest ace space arm.

I have technics tt latest version with Benz ace cartridge and use for rock or soul or blues only and like it's bass slam. I prefer jazz on cd. I have dartzeel preamp and amp and wonder if vpi or spacedeck is worth the minimum 3k cost

Advantage of latest vpi scoutmaster versus spacedeck
radioheadokplayer
johnny,

I love the sound of the technic tt and vinyl but its like opening the door to another world and wondering if their are keys to an even greater kingdom through a more refined not dj tt. I love the bass response, the sound of vocals, the large soundstage. I could imagine less surface noise and even more mid-range detail. A higher quality tonearm and platter could make a difference right?

I had the cartridge tonearm setup professionally by a reputable local la dealer.

I have the latest technics tt, I have the kab fluid damper, I used a wood slab, I have vibrapod under the wood slab, I have the turntable mat, I have an appropriate cartridge. The only tweak you mention that I don't have yet is the mapleshade threated heavy feet. Do you recommend that over the kab isonoe? which mapleshade. Above my wood slap at this point I am just using another set of vibrapods.
Apparently, permission is being granted to open the checkbook.

:)

Why not just eliminate the intermediate tables, arms and associated nonsense and buy a Galibier with Artisan tonearm package that is closer to the level of the rest of your components? It's world class, USA built, and can be upgraded all the way up to the top-of-the-line Galibier table.

C'mon bud, you have $50,000 speakers (maybe $100k?...can't recall the specific model of Evolution Acoustics you own), a $25,000 darTZeel amplifier, a $29,000 darTZeel preamp and a $10,000 Playback Design CD/SACD player. Clearly you have the resources to step up to a $4000 turntable.

You're taste is The Four Seasons, and your turntable is Marriot. You know you're never going to be satisfied with Marriot.
Could'nt agree with you more Tvad. He indeed does have a system worth the effort and expense.

I say if you want a VPI, then buy a used HRX and be done with it. You can sell it for not much of a loss later if it is not for you.
the question is whether the technics is a giant killer or close

Tvad, my speakers were below 30k especially with tradein
Thanks, Tvad, I keep forgetting just how high end his downstream components are. I am getting nicely balanced, detailed sound from my M5G in my rig, but I have no idea what a DarTzeel and his other components would reveal downstream. The Galibier is more commensurate with the rest of his system, and even it is budget conscious relatively speaking.

Although it's a lot more money, the rim drive VPI - SUPER SCOUTMASTER REFERENCE TURNTABLE at $7400 should give him a lot of the bass slam and drive that he enjoys in the Technics, plus all that inner detail stuff.

And Radioheadkplayer, to answer your question, the Mapleshade feet in question are the Threaded Heavyfeet with M6 threads.

The stock feet are what make this 'table sound so "DJ." Swapping them out for brass increases the inner clarity.

Also, a good mat from Herbie's, Funk, or Iron Audio would be in order, and I found KAB's rubber record grip to significantly reduce surface noise.