Anyone hear technics tt and vpi scoutmaster/Aries?

Anyone hear later version technics tt as well as vpi scoutmaster or Aries and maybe Nottingham spacedeck with latest ace space arm.

I have technics tt latest version with Benz ace cartridge and use for rock or soul or blues only and like it's bass slam. I prefer jazz on cd. I have dartzeel preamp and amp and wonder if vpi or spacedeck is worth the minimum 3k cost

Advantage of latest vpi scoutmaster versus spacedeck
radioheadokplayer
Could'nt agree with you more Tvad. He indeed does have a system worth the effort and expense.

I say if you want a VPI, then buy a used HRX and be done with it. You can sell it for not much of a loss later if it is not for you.
the question is whether the technics is a giant killer or close

Tvad, my speakers were below 30k especially with tradein
Thanks, Tvad, I keep forgetting just how high end his downstream components are. I am getting nicely balanced, detailed sound from my M5G in my rig, but I have no idea what a DarTzeel and his other components would reveal downstream. The Galibier is more commensurate with the rest of his system, and even it is budget conscious relatively speaking.

Although it's a lot more money, the rim drive VPI - SUPER SCOUTMASTER REFERENCE TURNTABLE at $7400 should give him a lot of the bass slam and drive that he enjoys in the Technics, plus all that inner detail stuff.

And Radioheadkplayer, to answer your question, the Mapleshade feet in question are the Threaded Heavyfeet with M6 threads.

The stock feet are what make this 'table sound so "DJ." Swapping them out for brass increases the inner clarity.

Also, a good mat from Herbie's, Funk, or Iron Audio would be in order, and I found KAB's rubber record grip to significantly reduce surface noise.
09-28-08: Radioheadokplayer
the question is whether the technics is a giant killer or close.
Clearly, by your recent posts, you are not satisfied with the Technics table or your Benz cartridge. There's nothing wrong with that. Several Audiogon members have replied in your threads that you will hear improvements with a different table/arm/cartridge combination.

There is no such thing as a giant killer in my experience having owned several of them. You either own a giant, or you own something less than a giant. The Technics, while excellent with KAB mods is less than a giant in the analog realm.

IMO.

Tvad, my speakers were below 30k especially with tradein.
Which model are they?

It is a very nice turntable.

A step or two above entry level.

Giant killer?

No way.