How do you level your turntable?

Short of buying a 400 dollar digital level, what have you found that really does the trick. I've tried various cheap bubble levels with fair to poor results.
rloggie
I have a few bubble levels
My smallest one has a magnet at the end is the mangnet bad when levelling your tt
buy some level of just a vial that has clear precision specs from manufacturer, usually from Japan, Europe, USA, Canada
Level the turntable, not the plinth. Ideally the tonearm headshell and turntable should be level.
04rdking,

good point, but, actually, ideally you want to level both the arm and the platter, neither of which might be aligned with the plinth.
Piedpiper's right.
1. Level the TT stand
2. Level the platter top surface
3. Adjust the tonearm mounting so that its bearings are level. This is easier on some arms than others of course.

Levelling the headshell is a good place to start, but whether it should remain level varies with the cartridge. Nearly all cartridges benefit from fine tuning of both azimuth and VTA, which could result in a non-level headshell, depending on the rig.
As others have posted, I also like to use a 9" torpedo level. I like to think I'm getting a better idea of the general level-ness of the platter. My Galibier doesn't have this issue but I've had tables in the past where the platters are not flat. Some either had a convex or concave surface. This can be dealt with but it is much easier to do so when you know this condition exists before trying to level.

Many levels can also be checked for accuracy by flipping them over as opposed to turning 180. Either way gives the same indication of how accurate the level is.