Are you using anti-skating or not

On my side i always got better result without using anti-skating.

And you?
dobermann
> Eldartford
>Just to clarify things...do you guys deny that a skating force exists? I accept that some cartridge/arm combos can function OK in spite of the force. But it can't help.

Absolutely not, on my side i just didnt see any advantage of using it.
"Just to clarify things...do you guys deny that a skating force exists" Eldartford, I don,t deny it, a skating force does exist! I beleive this year they are called THE BOSTON BRUINS! Cheers
> Has2be
> I don,t deny it, a skating force does exist! I beleive this year they are called THE BOSTON > BRUINS! Cheers

LOL!
Why is there such a dichotomy about the antiskating issue? Some of you say: it is crucial to set the antiskating right, while others say: don't bother, I don't even use antiskating... It is too confusing! Are here also proponents who are fine tuning AS by means of hearing? --> Does this "setting AS by listening" work? Or is it only a joke? If that isn't a joke then the people who don't use AS at all are doing it wrong. Sorry but I'm very confused now.

Chris
One good reason is that some people think AS necessary because their gear won't track those stupid test records without it.

In actuality amplitudes found on test records are seldom, if ever, found on every day vinyl. In this regard, test records are useless. However, many of the other tracks can be helpful.

Alignment is really the key. With today's sophisticated stylus shapes and excellent tonearms, anti-skating is an afterthought IMO.