How is it ? that a tuner smokes the table ???

"(cats out of the bag)"

my friends dynalab 109 tube tuner blows away his turntable front end that costs 4X as much!!!

Can any one explain how a cd or analog turntable at a radio station gets played and sent thru the air and gets
reconstructed at the tuner is the single highest quality
source in hiend two channel reproduction !

that blows me away and I can understand it ?

IMHO tuner highest source than turntable than CD in that order.

I wish somebody told me this before I spend so much money !

what sayest thou ?
jimpcn
Dear Jimpcn: +++++ " Raul, that talk about listening to live music is insulting
and ridicoulous! " +++++

well, that was not my intention and maybe from your point of view it could be " ridicoulous " but not insulting because I posted:
+++++ " There are other things that maybe could happen for that... " ++++ and then: +++++ " I'm not saying that all these can/could happen.... " +++++
so please don't take it like the " suit" is exactly on your size.

Those are mere assumptions due that you don't say which is your analog rig: your whole audio system, to figure what is happen down there. Why don't do it? then will be more easy to any one to understand what you are experienced.
If you can please do it, we appreciate that.

Now, I don't have a doubt of what you and your friends are hearing through the tunner, I would like to know why : I always like a rational " explanation " to really understand any subject.

IMHO till this post I don't read objective facts ( other that you and your friends are in love with the tunner source ) that help all of us what is happening and for your words there are happening " great " things, well I and maybe some one else would like to experience those " great " things, maybe duplicate what you have.

Your thread is a interesting one so we can discuss in intelligent/serious way and try to achieve real conclusions.

Regards and enjoy the music.
Raul.
>>Although the macintosh and scott tuners sound good they are just not in this league<<

I agree.

The Mac 67,71,77, and 78 smoke the 109.
AAhhhhhaaaaa

I'll tell my friend to sell his 109 and blow off the dust of those MacIntosh units out of his closet and use them because there better.

that's funny, your hiliarious, maybe you would like to buy
those tuners from him? he can use some cash.

Seriously I guess there are no absolutes in audio
and one mans mediocracy is another mans excellence?

I am reluctant to tell what system my friend has because
of his privacy, but can tell you that his TT front end has a reputation to be very good.

He is using a fourway speaker that is quad amped thru a tube
electronic crossover using hiend end wire with a tube ref. preamp, hiend tube transformer coupled phono stage, 5000.00
moving coil cartridge, magnetic bearing turntable etc.
you get the picture?

I can assure his system is up to the task!
but this is only my opinion and my wife an tell u
I have been wrong before, so take it for what its worth?

later,
Dear Jimpcn: Too many tubes and IMHO some in the wrong place but this is for other thread.

Thank you for the info.
Btw, +++++ " I listened to countless analog set ups which were simply nothing special (no depth, no body, no holographic picture, colored in nearly all frequencies etc....) and even expensive Systems can be really boring. " +++++

maybe that " reference " analog system belongs to these kind of audio systems.

Regards and enjoy the music.
Raul.