Clueless Analog Newbie, Looking to Buy

As stated in the subject, I'm new to turntables, and would like to buy my first turntable. I've got an old NAD integrated AMP and Triangle Titus speakers.

To be perfectly honest, I know absolutely nothing about turntables. Cartridges, weighing etc etc....

I guess I'm looking to buy something used or a cheap new turntable. Thinking of the pro-ject debut 3, or maybe the rega p1. Though I'm slightly hesitant to spend $3-400 on a table I know nothing about. Will the Pro-Ject need some sort of adapter to play 45s?

Any suggestions? Or should I just stick with CDs?
knotgreen
Nobody on Audiogon who gets into vinyl stops at Costco towels, a spray
bottle of cleaning fluid and a $2 Magic Eraser.

Or a $161.78 turntable.

Imagine the absurdity of paying $40/ea for new records to play on a $161.78
turntable.

Let's not kid ourselves, or the OP. Analog gets expensive quickly.
Tvad, you are absolutely right...he should buy a $161.78 turntable, purchase LP's that cost less than $40, and stay away from the equipment snobs on Audiogon. Problem solved.

I'm glad we could end this thread with an agreement.
Nobody on Audiogon who gets into vinyl stops at Costco towels, a spray
bottle of cleaning fluid and a $2 Magic Eraser.

True, but a lot of people start there.
... stay away from the equipment snobs on Audiogon.
Nrenter (System | Threads | Answers)

You own a Teres turntable, an Origin Live Silver tonearm and a Denon DL103 cartridge. A pretty sizable investment.

On which side of the snob/no snob fence do you reside?
Knotgreen,

I can certainly vouch for the quality of the Dual 500 series. You can easily find one on Ebay for around $25 to $50 (the one I listen to most is a CS522 with AT130E cart). I also own the Pro-ject debut with Ortofon Om10 cart and enjoy the table quite a bit. I just ordered the speedbox mkII and will report on the differences when it arrives. Start whenever you're ready. It really is one of the most enjoyable hobbies and the reward is definately worth the money and tweaking.