DaVinci tonearm and azymuth

Great tonearm. Unfortunately the azymuth is several degrees from flat, clearly visible with the naked eye. Has anyone else had this problem with DaVinci? Should I just adjust the balance with my preamp and live with it?
psag
Hi all,
as I mentioned in another thread just now, in the case of the SME V the locking of the arm-post in the case of the V allows for some 1-2 deg. tilt relative to the mounting surface. If I read Halcro's comment with the VTA lifter = threaded rod, I think immediately of the same being the case with the SME V.
In fact I have given up using this "tool" altogether and now use a number of shims made of hard wood --- which also is a bit more "repeatability" then some threaded rod that happens to push the arm post *always* to the opposite side of the where the threaded rod is located.

Ladies and Gentlemen ---- so much for azimuth precision!
Guess why Graham's Phantom II has now an added, permanent "spirit bubble" to his latest creation...
Greetings,
Axel
I suspect that a shim between the armboard and the arm collar will provide a good solution. I'll be back.
Guess why Graham's Phantom II has now an added, permanent "spirit bubble" to his latest creation...
Good question, Axel. I can't imagine anything less useful (except maybe a Wally Skater).

As Essentialaudio said, getting a headshell level is no guarantee of proper azimuth. It's not even the best visual starting point. Balancing toothpicks on headshells a la VPI or futzing with a Phantom bubble is focusing on the wrong parameter. Assuming the arm isn't flawed, as Psag's appears to be, azimuth is about adjusting the stylus in the groove. That's where you should start - that's where you should finish. Nothing else matters.

Given the multiple variabilities inherent in even the best cartridges, levelling a headshell is foolish. Spending money on a bubble to level a headshell is just foolishness squared.

Perhaps the liquid provides some useful damping? ;-)
Actually the Graham "level" does have some value, but not for azymuth, which is an axial tilt function. The true value is as a reference when jumping between different thicknesses of pressings. If you set the level for a 120g pressing and then adjust SRA from there you can determine the offest from zero. Then when you shift to a 180g (or 200g) pressing you can find your reference (level) and then dial in your offset. Guaranteed to have a constant SRA, no matter what thickness pressing you are playing. But, c'mon you knew that already!