MG1 air- bearing tone-arm

I don't see any feedback on this arm. Has anybody here tried it? I want to set up my old Oracle and give it a spin. You can't beat the price. I also need help finding a belt?
csontos
Hi

I've used MG-1 with excellent results on my Oracle Premiere Mk IV. Takes a while to set it up, and then you have to check it quite often for proper leveling (you need a small level and a Hex wrench to adjust the screws in the base of arm), so arm-tube does not have a tendency to slide in or out on the air bearing tube (sort of equivalent to anti-skate on pivoted arms). Set-up is much easier on non-suspended tables for sure, but I had to do with what I got :-) It is also a bit tricky to try position the air tube and connectors in a way that doesn't affect Oracle's suspension. I also used the table with suspension defeated by letting sub-platter rest on heavy lucite pucks. But then you might as well get a non-suspended table :-)

Oracle belts are available from www.turntablebasics.com for a measly $10 - $15. I compared them to original Oracle ones, and they seems to be identical.
hi

English is not my first languish so please forgive any mistakes.
I own Mg1 about four months sitting on a VPI TNT 6.
No more to say that I sold a SME V right after the installation.
Even my friend with mega dollars system bought one right after.
Only positives and one negative: needs time for proper set up but on the other hand I spend also a lot of time to make SME works good enough(no it is not easy to make SME play good enough whatever people say. My 15 years of experience with IV and V says different things).
Leveling took me a lot of time to understand how it is working and how I will get best results.
Since I had no experience with linear tracking arms I read and I asked a lot of my audiophile friends and chats on internet most of them mention lacking bass response of this kind tone arms.
I never feel such a thing.

Major advantage is the designer Mr. Ada Lin.
Polite and helpful answered in any question in a very short time.
I tried different cartridges and the arm shows their character easy with positives and negatives as should be (Denon DL103R, ZYX R50 ,ZYX R100H, GOLDRING 1042).
One of the best I ever heard

My best regards
Gerasimos
Thank you, Gerasimos. It seems feedback is mostly positive. I think the bass response issue has to do with good TT damping by the looks of the MG1.