Anyone using a Lyra Delos yet?

There was an initial thread about the Lyra Delos a few months back, but I haven't seen much follow up about users' impressions with this cartridge. Is anyone using a Delos and if so, how are you liking it?

I'm looking for a new cartridge for my VPI Classic and JLTi phono stage. I'm currently using an old Grado cartridge from my previous turntable, and it's on its last legs. So if anyone has any other suggestions I'd love to hear them. Price ceiling about $1,500. System used mostly to play rock, jazz and acoustic music.

Thank you.
mniven
"Does Jonathan Carr know why they discontinued the Dorian?...err.. replaced it with the Delos?"

Yep, he is the designer. Have your heard the Delos? As you may have read, the Delos is warmer without loosing the detail.

Robert
I have a question about low riders. What exactly a low rider makes? My Delos sounds superb, but I noticed that it rides a little lower than it did when I first bought it (or at least it appears so to me, but I wouldn't stake my life on it :) It's possible that the suspension settled after about half a year of weekend use. There is about a millimeter, or close to it, of clearance between the record surface and the lowest part of the cartridge. Would this be classified as a low rider? Is this a problem that should be addressed with the dealer?
Actus. The manual states that when in use the cantilever should appear to be at 90 degrees to the front face. This seems to be the case when the cart is "low riding" (by this I mean the sort of "ground" clearances you describe).
Mine is the same but I've yet to hear it collide with any severe warps. My previousa cart didn't offer any more clearance than this either.
With warped discs it can be a little bit unnerving at times though...
Hope this helps..................M.
Thanks Moonglum. The cantilever looks to be perfectly perpendicular to the red front magnet carrier so I guess it's not a low rider and just as it's supposed to be. The sound certainly seems to be confirming it, haha!
Actus, no problem buddy.:)
I could imagine a few users returning their carts for remedial action but you wonder if that's the right thing to do in all(?) cases. Does this mean the manufacturer would crank up the suspension to compensate - giving the impression of a cart with too little VTF but excellent ground clearance. If so, ostensibly, that would defeat Lyra's original design intent while gratifying the customer.
At least the washi paper doesn't pick up many passengers i.e. fluff, when it happens, tends to stick mostly to the cantilever?
I have to admit that despite the restrictive nature of Lyra's setup recommendations for their new generation of carts, the results have been "textbook accurate". Horizontal VTA seems to give perfect results with a downforce of 1.75-1.76g (for me anyway).