Please recommend used tonearm under $1K

longer than 9" preferable, to be used with an SP-10MK2 and Virtuoso MM cartridge. The tonearm does not have to be modern. In fact, something vintage that can be easy to source through here or eBay is fine.

I favor rock, so dynamics and slam are crucial. Good imaging and soundstage DEPTH are also important.

The bonus is if the arm keeps solid value because I eventually want to move up to the Trans-Fi T3.
applebook
Dear all, an tonearm is an mechanical 'device' so one should think that the most issues are 'objective' in 'nature' or according to physical Laws . As Raul put it 'its all about the design'. He should elaborate on this 'argument' more but there are many contributions from him to found his opininon. But there is also the so called 'subjective part'. I really love my Triplanar VII and each time I hear some negative statement about 'my' Triplanar I get angry. Ie our hobby is full of emotions. I even think that this is the essence of our hobby.
Despite of this I am very interested in the 'objective' issues and curious to learn from Raul, Dertonarm and others
about the the essence of the tonearm design. I personaly am
very glad that we have such persons in our forum.

Regards,
Dear nandric: Agree.

Unfortunatelly there are at least two " subjective " factors that affect our each one objective side. One is the subjective hearing ( what we heard. about ) and the other is that we want " win " the controversy and always are the " emotions " down there.

IMHO the main point/subject/target in this Agon Forum is not only give an opinion to " win " or whatever but to help the other people with no commercial interest on mind.
I'm not saying that in this thread any one could have a commercial attitude, no.

regards and enjoy the music,
Raul.
Dear Raul, Your 'subjective factors' are of course involved
but I disagree regarding the 'subjective hearing'. As I put
it elswhere 'we hear' (normal hearing pressuposed) in the same way. But we do interpret what we hear with all our brain, experience,knowledge, sensitivitys, talents,etc. And there the 'equality' omong us ends. You can't compare
Mozart with 'any other' composer; an real genius is incomprehensible to us. I have some professional musicians
as friends (Concert Gebouw) and thought that they 'hear different' then I. But this is an wrong description. They
know much more about the music and are much better educated in this 'part' of human activity then I am. So there is not much sensible 'contribution' from my side when they visit me for some listening sessions. They are,so to speak, on an other level then I. I have,btw, no problem with this 'truht' because we have an tremendous
division of labour or activitys.
Regards,

Regards,
Dear Raul, when HIFICHOICE reviewed detachable headshell tone arms in the 80s the FR was the best performing one, I don't recall if the Lustre was included in the group but several respected arms were. You are apparently intent on confusing your personal opinion with THE TRUTH, I do not make that mistake. I can not understand how anyone who makes the laughable statements you do is taken seriously by anyone but that is not my problem. Anyone who would promote a P Mount cartridge with adapter as an ultimate cartridge has a perspective different not only from me but from anyone else I know. About the time you got into audio I was already using a much better Technics cartridge, the 205, which remains one of the best MMs ever made. I still have a couple.
All of this mud-slinging is going off-topic.

I think there are a variety of arms under $1k which are really quite good. I don't want to be accused of talking my own book (I still have a closet full of stuff to get rid of) so I won't name names here. Some which have been mentioned on the thread already are excellent. Some might be tough to find under $1k.

However... without naming names here... if you look at any major Japanese manufacturer of high end turntables in the 1978-1984 period, many of them sold turntables in full form and modular form (i.e. you could buy a ready-to-play set, or you could choose your motor, your plinth, your arm, or just buy one or two of the three). If you take a look at the tonearm from their top "full form" turntable which was also sold as an after-market option, it means it can be easily mounted on another table. In the majority of cases, those arms are really excellent deals for the money now. Some have already been mentioned in the thread and some have not. They ranged from effective length of about 220mm to about 250mm, and then some tables had "long arm" lengths which were in the area of 282mm. In addition, there were some arms from Japanese manufacturers which were not turntable manufacturers but instead specialized in after-market accessories (like arms, occasionally carts, and sometimes a few other tidbits). In many cases, those arms were also excellent. One of those has been mentioned here too but there are a few others.