Nude Turntable Project

I could not fit the whole story in this Forum so have had to add it to my System Page.
I am attempting to hear if a 'naked' DD turntable can sound as good as Raul claims.
Please click the link below to read the story.
NUDE TT81
128x128halcro
Dover,
I have a stethoscope and have done all the listening you suggest...and more, and hear nothing "revelatory" in regard to 'noise' within my turntable structures.
However this is by no means a scientific or 'white paper approved' form of documentary evidence which laboratory testing could easily provide?
Your use of terms like "noise", "friction" and "vibration" are inexact, undocumented and unquantified.
Hardly a convincing argument regardless of how often you continue to repeat it?
Lewm,
Why re-open the argument?
Errr.....because that is the subject of this Thread? :-)

Incidentally......have you managed to listen to your TT-101 yet?
Now here's a Belt-Drive from the famous Melco brand.
The legendary Melco was a High-End Japanese turntable manufacturer equal to Micro Seiki with cost-no-object products in the 1970s.
This model I particularly like because of the strong skeletal steel backbone 'plinth' which should satisfy Lewm and Dover completely :-)
And here is the equally famous Takai Lab Final VTT-1 belt-drive turntable similar to Dover's.....although he has the Parthenon model I seem to recall which is quite different to this one?
I particularly love the 'Copernican' ideal of the separation of platter and arm-pods.....and this execution appears to be particularly elegant.
Again Dover and Lewm should be well pleased with the 'plinth' arrangement selected here? :-)
Your TT may have to be confiscated siting indecent enclosure
Heh heh....
OK you twisted my arm....
An even more indecent shot......and another