Nude Turntable Project

I could not fit the whole story in this Forum so have had to add it to my System Page.
I am attempting to hear if a 'naked' DD turntable can sound as good as Raul claims.
Please click the link below to read the story.
NUDE TT81
128x128halcro
Lewm,
Why re-open the argument?
Errr.....because that is the subject of this Thread? :-)

Incidentally......have you managed to listen to your TT-101 yet?
Now here's a Belt-Drive from the famous Melco brand.
The legendary Melco was a High-End Japanese turntable manufacturer equal to Micro Seiki with cost-no-object products in the 1970s.
This model I particularly like because of the strong skeletal steel backbone 'plinth' which should satisfy Lewm and Dover completely :-)
And here is the equally famous Takai Lab Final VTT-1 belt-drive turntable similar to Dover's.....although he has the Parthenon model I seem to recall which is quite different to this one?
I particularly love the 'Copernican' ideal of the separation of platter and arm-pods.....and this execution appears to be particularly elegant.
Again Dover and Lewm should be well pleased with the 'plinth' arrangement selected here? :-)
Your TT may have to be confiscated siting indecent enclosure
Heh heh....
OK you twisted my arm....
An even more indecent shot......and another
Banquo, Your idea of the cause of the glitches in my TT101 operation is a good one. When we first got it to run at all, it exhibited all sorts of crazy forms of malfunction, even though every single electrolytic capacitor had been replaced, and Bill eventually tracked it down to bad solder joints or solder tracings, just as you say. He told me he spent a lot of time re-soldering various tracings (for which he did not charge), and his work resulted in what appeared to be complete success, based on how the table worked in his shop. It is quite possible that the mechanical trauma associated with travel from his place to mine (about 20 miles on the DC Beltway, which is not exactly cushion-y) put some stresses on other tracings that are now faulty. Can you be more explicit about what you mean when you say "feed through" tracings? I was thinking that soldering of the wires in one or more of the many multi-prong plugs that interconnect the various PCBs could be the source of the current problem.

Halcro, Of course you have every right to post on the subject of this thread (heh-heh). I personally have no desire to argue further about plinth, no-plinth, or arm pods. This is not because I don't care but rather because I can see now that your rig is very nicely done so as to mitigate any criticism I might have of the concepts. I still think that the basic structure of the L07D, with the rock solid connection between the bearing housing and the tonearm mount, is ideal, whether or not the L07D is top dog in all other ways. And as I've said several times, I do also think that getting rid of the "deck" structure surrounding the platter is beneficial. The more the tt chassis resembles a cylinder with the diameter only slightly greater than that of the platter, the better. This is one way toward good sound, not the only way. Fortunately for us, it is easy to achieve the latter goal with the Victor and Denon DD turntables.