SME 312S versus SME V-12

These are SME's two 12" arms. The difference is that the 312S has a detachable headshell for azimuth/cartridge swapping and static VTF while the V-12 has a fixed headshell/continuous arm tube and dynamic VTF.

Has anyone heard and compared these arms to each other? I just retested static versus dynamic VTF on my SME V arm and prefer the dynamic, so that may answer my question, but I'm curious to read what others think of these two arms as I've never heard them. Thanks.
peterayer
I can't imagine how difficult it would be to copy an SME V-12 arm. The magnesium arm tube is supposedly very difficult to manufacture. Perhaps if 2Juki has a counterfeit arm, the tube itself is some other metal, but I doubt anyone would go through the trouble for something complex and expensive because the volume is so small and a fake would be easy to identify.
I don't know about the SME arms......but a Dynavector DV-507MkII is complex enough yet apparently worthwhile copying?
Hi Halcro,

Could you provide me a link to see the counterfeit Dynavector DV-507MkII. I'll compare it by curiosity against the pictures of the one on Dynavector's website.

Thank you,

Sébastien
Recent reports from Albert Porter's system page indicate that there is a substantial sonic difference between these two arms.
Hi: I've had the opportunity to hear both arms using a mid-priced Lyra low output MC cartridge. Bottom line--the upcharge for the V-12 is not justified. Save your money and buy a pricier cartridge whose sound you prefer over what's offered in the Lyra line, or put the price difference into a better (read: more desirable) turntable. Happy listening! - Stereoman