A Copernican View of the Turntable System

Once again this site rejects my long posting so I need to post it via this link to my 'Systems' page
HERE
128x128halcro
Dear Dgob: Nice to see that you too take that " flag " and that like it.

The critical point here IMHO is that you decided to test it and the good thing to you is that the rewards you received on change was way worth to made it with almost no $$$/effort.

Well these kind of facts is IMHO a good forward step to improve quality permormance level on those TT and many others.

One more time where " less is more ".

Btw, all of you owners with the plinthed alternative could try ( with out almost no effort or serious modifications in your analog rig other than a change in VTA/SRA/Azymuth. ) my advise to Lewm for use three small tiptoes ( metal or delrin. ) atop the TT plinth and the TT ( it self through the outer metal chassis/frame. ) over those three tiptoes where now that plinth mainly will function as an arm board.

Please try it, you don't lose nothing!! and the experience could give you more than only " fun ".

Regards and enjoy the music,
Raul.
Dgob, I went to your "system" to take a look at the photo of the AT feet. I see you have 3 different kinds of AT feet. Which are you using under your SP10? I am guessing it is the largest set, at the rear of the photo. Those smallest AT feet in the foreground - I used to have a set myself. I have no idea where those disappeared to, or when they disappeared.

Off-topic: How do you wire up your DD12s with respect to the Talon Hawks? Do you use a hi-pass filter on the amp that drives the Hawks? Thx.
Dgob,
Welcome to the 'Nude' club.
You at least did the comparison.
It would be helpful for others here if you could perhaps describe the plinth that you 'abandoned'?

Cheers
Henry
I use the AT 605 feet (the smallest ones amongst the 3 in dgob's pic) on my sp10. I didn't even know there were larger ones. The small feet work fine and the large ones are probably better suited for using under heavy plinths. Someone posted that the 616 (the largest ones) are rated to hold 15kg EACH.

I going to get some of those larger ones nevertheless, just to see if there's an improvement.
Dear Banquo363: Yes, 15kg a piece. These AT footers are way different to the 605, the 616 are pneumatic design that take away vibrations/resonances from the audio item and impede too that come in any vibrations/resonances coming from where the AT616 are seated.

Something that the 605 could do it but at lesser quality performance level and yes there will be a huge improvement when you test it.
The 616 is out of production and not easy to find out and I can tell you that one 616 footer is more expensive than the 605 set.

If you can find is worth the effort, I own three sets and like Dgob I'm satisfied with.

Regards and enjoy the music,
Raul.