A Copernican View of the Turntable System

Once again this site rejects my long posting so I need to post it via this link to my 'Systems' page
HERE
128x128halcro
Dear Raul,

in this case Dertonarm is absolutely right. You should not fall into the trap of marketing. There are other TTs which provide same stableness and bearing technology. Look at the EMT 927 bearing - and this is proofed in professional business since 50 years. Look at the Continuum`s bearing and do experience it in real life. As I said I have experienced the ONEDOF and I took my conclusions soundwise. Yes for 10.000 Dollar because of the nice design and the build quality - okay. But it is up to you going for 15 times the price because you think technologywise this is a major improvement. You only need to cross the border for a short flight to Denver, maybe at the next RMAF. Have fun!

best & fun only
Dear Thuchan: I don't think is a " trap of marketing " and I think you either.

I'm not speaking about performance but I'm speaking about the designer contribution to improve the TT design. Remember that on the Onedof design exist registered trade marks/patents and I think that with out have in our hands a precise and clear proofs of that " trap of marketing " we could give him the benefit of dude, don't you think?

Regards and enjoy the music,
Raul.
Dear Raul,

I do respect all technological inventions. Having a patent does not necessarily mean something, it depends on the topic the patent covers.
we need to look into it more deeply.

If you ever build a TT Raul don't forget to put the price tag over "100.000", this will raise attention. Look at the plastic buttons at the motor. Besides of the stable bearing what is so special, technically? one motor with three belts? the separate tonearm stand? - which looks very good, absolutely.

I like the stand's design! but I would not pay 20.000 Dollar for a stand, would you?

best & fun only
I've asked via email the designer to come onto the thread and discuss his tt and especially his choice to do a stand alone arm pod.
Dear Thuchan: Well, maybe not. Yes, I understand that the very high price makes a lot of noise in audio customers but: what if that high cost/price is worth of it?. I'm not saying that the Onedof is worth that price who knows but price is something relative and depends on many factors around.

Banquo363, good move: I hope he can join us here, welcome!

Regards and enjoy the music,
Raul.