A Copernican View of the Turntable System

Once again this site rejects my long posting so I need to post it via this link to my 'Systems' page
HERE
128x128halcro
Dear Thuchan: I don't think is a " trap of marketing " and I think you either.

I'm not speaking about performance but I'm speaking about the designer contribution to improve the TT design. Remember that on the Onedof design exist registered trade marks/patents and I think that with out have in our hands a precise and clear proofs of that " trap of marketing " we could give him the benefit of dude, don't you think?

Regards and enjoy the music,
Raul.
Dear Raul,

I do respect all technological inventions. Having a patent does not necessarily mean something, it depends on the topic the patent covers.
we need to look into it more deeply.

If you ever build a TT Raul don't forget to put the price tag over "100.000", this will raise attention. Look at the plastic buttons at the motor. Besides of the stable bearing what is so special, technically? one motor with three belts? the separate tonearm stand? - which looks very good, absolutely.

I like the stand's design! but I would not pay 20.000 Dollar for a stand, would you?

best & fun only
I've asked via email the designer to come onto the thread and discuss his tt and especially his choice to do a stand alone arm pod.
Dear Thuchan: Well, maybe not. Yes, I understand that the very high price makes a lot of noise in audio customers but: what if that high cost/price is worth of it?. I'm not saying that the Onedof is worth that price who knows but price is something relative and depends on many factors around.

Banquo363, good move: I hope he can join us here, welcome!

Regards and enjoy the music,
Raul.
Dertonarm states, audio could very well benefit from the legion's of aerospace engineers whom maybe looking for new careers, this one example turned his focus to building a record player. I'm curious why.

Has it Onedof truly have radically new thinking behind this product? Thuchan says no.

My view it's over priced and that's an understatement, the web site is generally poor, has pictures of jets, helicopters and space vehicles , a list of career education and projects he analyzed and worked on and if he were alive at the time and worked on the Hindenburg design, that unfortunate disaster would never have had happened. Anyway I'm sure the Chinese would hire him, he could take his skis with him.

As goofy as I found some things on Onedof site, I pictured in my mind Jethro and Granny of The Beverly Hill Billy's pitching his product.