Lyra Dorian or Lyra Delos cartridge?

I ordered a Lyra Dorian instead of the Lyra Delos because a sales rep at the company I called said there was really no difference in sound quality so the Dorian would save me some money. I would appreciate it if anyone who is familiar with these cartridges could let me know if the Delos is the better cartridge. My turntable is a VPI HW-19 MK-3 and the tonearm is a Audioquest PT-6. Thanks,Montgomery
montgomery
Thank you Jonathan for the detailed explanation concerning your various models. Intricate hand work does takes years to master.
Thank you for your replies Jonathan. But I do have one question. While I understand that you cart builder is a very busy man. I don't any reason to discontinue the production of the Dorian. If I understood it correctly the Dorian was outsourced. So it wouldn't burden your cartridge builder. The new Delos is more expensive then the Dorian so I don't understand why the Dorian isn't produced any more. Also I asked someone who sells Lyra if it would be an upgrade for me to buy a Delos. According to him the Delos sounds different from the Dorian but not better. He advised me against buying a Delos. To be fair he also didn't advise me on buying an other brand. He just told me not to buy anything untill the Dorian was worn out. The person who said this to me has no finacial intrest in me personally. He is a audio dealer but I haven't bought anything from him so far.
Mr. Carr thank you for you response to my question. Although it sad that many good cartridges are traded in and they are discarded before their usefull life is realized. I understand now, and it seems every industry has a "financial vs. production capacity bottleneck". And Lyra's future is best focused on the future. And again, I am sure that not only I, but we all appreciate the time you have spent here on this forum. I personnaly feel much better knowing that I have been doing business with a very consumer satisfaction driven company. If it were possible a full round of applause is due, a pleasure indeed.
That was an excellent advertising by Lyra. And it was free. Now everyone go buy something from them, money no longer matters because they deserve it.

"The person who said this to me has no finacial intrest in me personally."

Which you answered by saying:

"He is a audio dealer" And therefore needs to sell his stock of discontinued Dorians.

"The new Delos is more expensive then the Dorian so I don't understand why the Dorian isn't produced any more."

Mr. Carr explained that. They have enough trouble building enough of the new/current models to continue an old model. Even if they did not build it(is that documented?) in house, they still have the overhead of maintaining it as a product. Sometimes, as he said differently, you have to cost justify things. He also explained why they do not make a less expensive model.

Y'all be cool,
Robert